Jyotirmoy Public School was established in the year 2004 and currently works under the trust Jyotirmoy Education and Welfare Foundation. In 2008 the Jyotirmoy Education and Welfare Foundation was established in order to provide an avenue for higher education to the suburbs of Kolkata. Jyotirmoy Knowledge Park has ongoing programs in Law, Education,Management and Industrial Training, all on a 22 acre self-sufficient campus. All the programs are approved by their respective statutory bodies and all the programs are affiliated to Calcutta University. It also runs a CBSE affiliated higher secondary school till class XII called Jyotirmoy Public School.
The Pupils of Jyotirmoy Public School, through their attainments and lifestyle, would grow into solitary examples for bringing in much needed social transformation to rebuild a strong and healthy society.The School’s mission is:
- To Promote All round development of students
- To Inculcate a sense of Discipline, Duty, Devotion, Dignity, Determination
- To Foster Values and Pride in our cultural heritage
- Our School is located ‘far from the maddening crowd’ of the busy metropolitan. The physical ambience of the school is a reflection of the expansive horizon on which it allows its students to paint their imagination.
- Teachers are handpicked through an extensive and selective process.
- Our school leads the learner in building capacities and leadership and also enables them to nurture his or her talents.
- Our school not only aims at academic excellence but also strives to bring about all round development.
- Weekly Academic Plans for all classes sent with students to reduce the burden of baggage.
- Weekly Boarding facilities are available for classes VI to X.
- Workshops are conducted in the school to teach students about various life skills. Moral education is imparted through various activities and social interactions.